Monday, July 4, 2011

Day19-Happy 4th Of July!

Tabitha and I have just decided that she has chubby cheeks, but I have prominent cheeks, giving me the look of a chipmunk.
Today was the 4th of July, and being an English speaking household in which the heads come from America, we went all out on the holiday! We had a picnic!!! Deb and Dave invited Esther and Eliud, the teachers/sister and brother-in-law of Deb, and some friends who were originally American who moved here for God knows why. One woman came with her adopted kids: a black boy, a Chinese girl, a Caucasian girl, and a Guatemalan boy. Tabby pointed to them and said “my family will look like the one day.” I seconded that. We also had all sorts of food: grilled hotdogs and barbecue chicken, potato and egg salad, fruit salad, Jell-o, corn, baked beans, and...get this…soda! We never have soda! We also roasted marshmallows over the fire, went swimming, and blew up fireworks. Well, everyone but Tabby and I. We stayed in the watch the babies, put them to bed, and relax with a book and blogging. It was a bit nippy out anyways.
It was a pretty exciting day, so I decided to let you guys in on it—er, Justin and Dad, anyways. Does anyone else even read these?
God bless America, and God bless you guys too!

No comments:

Post a Comment